Tuesday, December 7, 2010

All That Matters is...I am His.


WE SPEND OUR LIVES SEARCHING FOR A WELL TO CLINCH OUR THIRST, AND WE WILL NOT FIND IT APART FROM HIM.

I’ve been contemplating on what to share this week, and really feel a tug on my heart to be truly transparent. I loved when David talked about how we constantly look to the next best thing for temporary pleasure and happiness. Then “even when you get the exact thing you want, the excitement of it only last so long”. For young adults this often comes in the form of a relationship. While searching for the one thing that will satisfy we often end up “demanding more from that person, than they can give.”


After taking time away from dating I’ve finally felt my heart open to date again. I’ve also found the devil sneaking his way back into my life in the form of insecurity. The Bible tells us in 1 Peter 5:8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.


When relationships don’t work out I’ve started to question my worth, and how people view me. If only I was quieter, looked different, or haven’t gone through a divorce etc maybe things would work out differently. My dear friend Lulie would say, “That is a lie from the pit of hell.”


My worth and yours is found only in Christ Jesus. Like David said, the thing I need most is not a relationship, not more money, not a new car…It is a greater understanding, an intimate relationship, with my heavenly Father. I see clearly that I need more time with the Lord to continue working through these insecurities, and that no relationship, attention, or compliments from a man will ever satisfy. I could never put that expectation on a guy (career, money, etc) to satisfy only what can be found in the Lord. Those things have and will only leave me feeling that there has to be something more. Understanding who God is and growing my relationship with Him is the only thing that matters. I loved when Todd referenced Matt Chandler this Sunday when he said, “All that matters is…I am His.”

Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.” –John 6:35

What are you looking towards to find satisfaction? Where are you finding your worth?

The Greatness of Our God…http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPxxzxBK_Eg

I encourage you all to read through Isaiah 55 & Psalm 23.

www.theporchdallas.com

No comments: