Wednesday, March 20, 2013

30 for 30 (#1)

I will turn 30 in 30 days and thought it would be fun to share 30 things I've learned in my 30 years. I have to be honest that most of these I did not learn earlier in life and am still really learning to live them out fully. I also have to give credit to those in my life who have helped me learn these lessons along the way. Thank you for being patient with me, forgiving me, encouraging me, and loving me. God has truly blessed me with amazing people in my life these past thirty years.
30 for 30

1. Let truth dictate your actions and feelings, not the other way around. 
Do not go by your feelings and emotions, stick to what is true. My feelings can change by the hour. If I make decisions or react off of emotions I often regret what I've said or done. If I stop in the moment and focus on what I know to be true I tend to capture my thoughts, react well, and hurt others less. 

Philippians 4:7-9
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

No comments: