Monday, December 13, 2010

JESUS, WILL YOU WAIT UNTIL AFTER JANUARY 10th?

I woke up in the middle of the night Saturday with the thought:

WE FOCUS SO MUCH ON THE FUTURE, WE MISS THE PRESENT.

Lately I’ve been so excited about my future! I can’t begin to explain my excitement about going to the National Championship game in January, going to Haiti on mission in April, being on my boat again this summer, and where the Lord will have me in regards to serving, relationship, career, travel, etc.

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THE FUTURE, BUT WHAT ABOUT TODAY?!

The Lord has us here, in this moment, on this day for a very specific purpose. He has given us this day to possibly come into repentance with Him, serve Him, learn more about Him, and share His Good News with others. TODAY.

In life we get so excited about what is to come we are missing out on the joys of today! Let’s stop rushing today away. It’s like a wedding day. We plan for days, months, years for that big day. Then as soon as it’s over we think, “Wait I can’t even remember what the decorations looked like, who was there, what the food tasted like…and now… what do I start looking forward to now?”

CHERISH THE GIFT OF TODAY. The Lord is up to something so good, better than you can ever imagine. Even if life today doesn’t seem exciting, maybe it’s even a sad day for you (See Romans 8), TRUST HIM and SEEK HIM.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

To be honest, in a jokingly way, I prayed that the Lord would wait until after January 10th to return back for us because I would love to see Auburn in the big game. The truth is WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY it is going to be when Christ returns to bring us home. It will be greater than any future plan we have here on earth, greater than any football game, greater than any relationship, greater than any vacation…and that is the day I truly cannot wait for!

Revelation 21: 4-7
‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.

No comments: