Monday, November 8, 2010

A Loving Response to Truth.

"A LOVING RESPONSE TO TRUTH IS TO POINT OTHERS TO TRUTH IN LOVE"- JP

WOW, if you missed last Tuesday PLEASE go back and listen to it. JP started our Apologetics Series and brought it! Have you ever heard people say things like: "I believe that you just need to believe in something (anything)", "Everyone will ultimately go to Heaven", "All religions are true", "If you're doing what feels right to you, then it must be ok"?? Check out the truth to those statements in last week's message. (1 Peter 3:15)

Instead of doing my normal devo, Team Next Steps would like to wish JP a HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY!!! JP has done just what last week's message was about...He has pointed each of us to truth in love.http://blog.theporchdallas.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpress/img/trans.gif

Here is a TOP 10 List of things JP has taught us this year:

10. I’ve learned that being single is a time to fully leverage myself for the Lord and grow in Him, preparing myself for however God chooses to use me during the rest of my life. (James 5:8) -Kyle Bourne-

9. I’ve learned what it means to walk in the light (1 John 1:7), grateful for your friendship and your countless sit downs full of encouragement. (Hebrews 10:24-25) -Jarid Ghaffari-

8. I’ve learned "It's not about YOU! It's about GOD." (JP) This life is not about me and my desires. It is about living only to glorify GOD. So, those whose are lost can see my eternal joy from the works Christ Jesus is doing in my life. (Galatians 2:20) –Nick Chilton-

7. I’ve learned not to pray that God will remove all the trials in my life. Rather to be joyful in spirit, as such trials can bring a new closeness with and understanding of Christ’s character when I persevere well in Him. (James 1:12) -Nathan Harness-

6. I’ve learned what patiently bearing with one another looks like, as JP has borne with me in my weakness (Ephesians 4:2-3). –Chris Gurley-

5. I've learned to trust and obey the Lord. To not rely on my own judgment, but to pray and trust in my Savior for everything. (Proverbs 3:5-7) –Jennifer Bryant-

4. I’ve learned that my 20's aren't just life's waiting room between my teenage years and marriage but rather a time to throw myself whole-heartedly into the service of God while there are no distractions. (1 Corinthians 7:25-35) –DeAndrea Harris-

3. I've learned to be set apart in faith AND action and to be able to give an account for my lack of conformity to this world the way Dallas sees it. Giving an answer to the hope that I've found in Christ Jesus (James 2:18; Romans 12:1-2; 1 Peter 3:15). -Chris Landry-

2. I’ve learned to trust and believe in the Gospel. My life is no longer my own, and should look completely different because of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. (Mark 8:34-36) –Allyson Black-

1. We’ve learned that although JP is a great friend and leader who loves all of us of, he is just a shadow of the greatest love of all.

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)

Thank you, JP, for pointing us to the greatest love of all...Jesus Christ. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

www.theporchdallas.com

No comments: