Monday, November 15, 2010

The Greatest Motivator in Life is Love.

Afshin was incredible last Tuesday! I truly enjoyed learning about Islam and the differences in Muslim and Christian beliefs. I left filled with joy that we serve a loving and just God. It was great to be reminded that our faith has historical facts to validate what we believe. And that our salvation is not based on a weighted scale, but based on grace through faith.http://blog.theporchdallas.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpress/img/trans.gif

“Our good works are a proof of our salvation, not to earn it.” (Ephesians 2:8-9)

“If righteousness could be earned through works, Jesus died in vain.” (Galatians 2:21)

“You stand on what you have done, or what Christ has done.” (2 Corinthians 5:21, Romans 5:8)

Just earlier this morning I was on a plane back to Dallas and pulled out my notes journal to write today’s Porch News. The man sitting next to me asked if I was a student, and I replied, “No sir, I am working on a devotional for my church group. We actually had this incredible speaker come and share with us about Islam last Tuesday...” I got so excited about the opportunity God was providing. After a few minutes of chatting he finally said, “Yeah I sort of believe that all religions could be correct and lead to the same god.” OH BOY!!! PERFECT lay-up for conversation. I opened my notes from the past two weeks and went through them sharing about Islam, Universalism, Pluralism, Inclusivism, Exclusivism, and we continued chatting. It was awesome! God is so good! He is LORD. He is the great I AM! His Word is truth. O praise Him!

"Jesus answered, 'I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.'" (John 10:25-30)

The truth is when I got on the plane I couldn’t wait to talk about all the football games this weekend, but the man next to me wasn’t interested in football. Praise God I didn’t waste time trying to talk to him about stuff that really doesn’t matter, when that time was obviously meant to be used for the glory of God. O praise Him!

“Love by its very nature must be freely given. If you love someone for what they give you, you don’t love them, you love what they do.”

www.theporchdallas.com

No comments: