Friday, January 25, 2013

I Want To Be Like Her...

I want to be like Tawney. It's true. 
 Almost two years ago I was at church and met this sweet lady named Tawney Macfarlan. We met briefly at a church event, and then a couple months later I got invited to go on a trip to Uganda that her and her husband Dean were leading. Through training and our time together in Uganda, I quickly realized that Tawney is someone I would love to learn from and be around. As the Lord would have it, a couple months after we returned from Uganda I was looking for a new place to live, and Tawney and Dean graciously allowed me to come live in their back house. A year later I am still living there, and it has been one of the biggest blessing of my life. 



Tawney is truly a Proverbs 31 woman. Living at someone's home you really get to see inside their life. So many people can put on a face and live a certain way in public, but in private it's different. Tawney truly lives out her faith in all areas of her life whether at the church, with friends, serving others, with strangers, with her family, and in her marriage. 
Tawney is noble. Her husband Dean has full confidence in her. She brings him good, not harm... and when she's off on something she owns up to it. She makes gifts for others, and writes thoughtful notes of encouragement to friends. She spends time in God's word, teaches other women about the Lord through different ministries, and opens up her home to all...there is always someone staying at their house. She works hard. She offers help to those who need it. The fruits of the spirit mark her life: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Her husband is an elder at our church and is indeed respected by so many people. She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She loves to laugh. She speaks with wisdom and faithful instruction, always using scripture to teach, admonish, and encourage. Her children and grandchildren absolutely love her, respect her, and adore her...you can often find her sitting on the floor with one of the grandchildren reading a book or playing. Her husband is her biggest fan. She is beautiful on the outside, but she also has the most beautiful spirit of anyone I know. 
I thank the Lord for my dear friend Tawney. I pray that I become more and more like her as she is more and more like Christ.
Happy Birthday Tawney. 
Love you!

No comments: