Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy & Overwhelmed with Joy!

I'M IN CHRIST. CHRIST IS IN ME. WE’RE IN GOD. AND WE ARE SEALED BY THE SPIRIT.

I just have to say, I am overwhelmed with joy! You may be thinking what?! Did you start dating someone? Get a promotion? Win the lottery?! None of those things are why I am just dying to tell all of you I AM SO HAPPY!

You see this past weekend I haven’t been able to stop thinking about how far the Lord has brought me since I finally surrendered my life to Christ two years ago. The Lord has saved me from myself!

"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." (Colossians 1:13-14)

When I was trying to control my life things appeared great. I was young with a good job, and in a seemingly happy marriage. The truth is, although I had what the world said would complete and satisfy me, I was insecure, lonely, and in a broken marriage.http://blog.theporchdallas.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpress/img/trans.gif

I totally understood what JP meant when he said, "We try to control others. You find someone you say you love, and then all you want to do is change them." Although I thought I loved my ex-husband I can see so clearly that I wanted him to be someone that he wasn’t and vice versa.

After the divorce I was hurting, but thought I could control and handle anything. I partied, dated, and spent more money than I had. Living it up, as the world would say. I thought I was in control, but to be honest my life was spinning out of control. I was exhausted from trying to control my life and hit rock bottom...completely broken. I realized I was never in control, needed to stop trying to control, and trust God who is always in control. (See Jeremiah 17:5-8)

"There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death." (Proverbs 14:12)

When I finally could see past myself and realize this life isn’t about me, I FOUND LIFE. Abundant life in Christ! You see "my life is in a better place in his hands, than in my hands". I am now filled with love, joy, hope, and peace. Life is sweeter than ever! God’s got me!

I may not be dating anyone or married, I may not have my ideal job, but I have life in Christ! And have found more joy in knowing and serving Him than anything else this world has to offer! I pray so much that we will stop trying to control our lives, others, and even God...TRUST HIM...our control is only an illusion anyways.


www.theporchdallas.com

No comments: