Monday, January 3, 2011

Oh the Holidays...

I remember lying in bed Christmas Eve thinking, "here I am 27 years old sharing a room with my 3 ½ year old nephew surrounded by trains, Winnie the Pooh, and super heros...haha I never thought this would be the case!"

I laid there looking at my sweet nephew sound asleep and started praying for him. Praying that Garrett would know the Lord and trust Him as his Savior way earlier in life than I did. Praying that the Lord would be with him and protect him from all the pain I've felt and seen. I'd do anything to protect him from the pains and craziness of this world.

Then I started thinking about the trials I've faced, and I became so thankful that the Lord has used those tough times to draw me closer to him. Even recently I've been able to see so clear his transformation in my life through trials and can't help but praise Him! (Romans 5)http://blog.theporchdallas.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpress/img/trans.gif

While chatting with a sweet friend this weekend she said something that I thought was so great, "God has used these trials and pain to ultimately show me a part of his heart that I otherwise wouldn't have know...I'm at a place where I've lost everything and He truly is all I have." Man, I pray I am always in a place where I feel that he is "all I have" or to put it in different words "He is my everything".

I had a blast this weekend with some amazing friends, but honestly my favorite part was right before we left. I think there were ten of us left and we sat around praying for you all, for Watermark, and for The Porch. It was awesome.

I pray that you all know that we are here to serve you, pray with you, care for you, but most importantly we want you to come to know Jesus...and then we want you to share Him with others! We aren't about just having more people come on Tuesday nights in 2011. We want more people to experience this abundant life we've found in Christ, and become disciples going out into this city...this world sharing the Good News! I pray so much that you know your God. He is good. He is faithful. And He is worthy of all our praise.

"If we are out of our mind, it is for the sake of God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you. For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" (2 Corinthians 5:13-17)

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Praying for you all~

www.theporchdallas.com

No comments: