Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Broken Voices.

I AM GOOD. YOU CAN HOPE IN ME. AND I LOVE YOU. ~God

Andrew from Broken Voices gave an awesome message last week (9/7) about Christ being the center of our lives. Definitely go back and listen online if you missed it.

“So many of us are never all in on anything because of situations we’ve been through. We all have this trust problem, and so we often become one foot in and one foot out” (Revelation 3:15-17). How silly is it that we would even begin to compare the faithfulness of people in our lives to that of our God (Leviticus 19), our Creator (Psalm 139), our Savior (1 Timothy 4)? Of course people in our lives are going to let us down. We are all a little broken , a little selfish, and a lot sinful. Heck, we even let ourselves down. There are times where the more we try to control situations because of our own desires the more out of control things get. We add stress and carry burdens that we were never meant to have.http://blog.theporchdallas.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpress/img/trans.gif

Matthew 11:28-30, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

I love when Andrew said, “When the center is off, it’s only a matter of time before everything falls apart.” There was a moment in my life where I had everything I thought I needed to be happy. I had the job, the car, the home, the husband, and the dog. The only thing missing was Christ at the center of my life. In just a short amount of time all of that was gone. Everything I had hoped and prayed for and thought to be the most important things in life were gone. The problem the whole time was that I did the same thing Romans 1:25 speaks on: “They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.” Thankfully God is mighty to save, restore, and redeem. He rescued me from myself and drew me close to Him.

My desire is now isn't for the car, home, husband, or job. My desire is that "when I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have one single bit of talent left and could say... I used everything you gave me". You see my life and your life isn’t meant to get as much as we can, it’s meant to give as much as we can, and to serve our Savior who has given his life for us so that we may have eternal life(John 3:16)!!!

“Our lives were meant to move an off-centered world closer to being back on center.” ~Andrew (Broken Voices)

What is at the center of your life? What/Who are you trusting in besides Christ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuX4bSHfDvs&feature=related

"We will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD, his power, and the wonders he has done… so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children. Then they would put their trust in God and would not forget his deeds but would keep his commands. They would not be like their forefathers—a stubborn and rebellious generation, whose hearts were not loyal to God, whose spirits were not faithful to him." ~Psalm 78:4-8

Praying that we would be “a generation rising up to take our place with selfless faith.”

Praying for you all~

www.theporchdallas.com

No comments: