Monday, September 27, 2010

Be a Wonder to the World.

“HE DOESN’T WANT YOU TO BE A FLEETING WONDER OF THE WORLD. HE WANTS YOU TO BE A WONDER TO A WORLD THAT WATCHES DEATH RULE EVERYWHERE, BUT LIFE INCREASE IN YOU.”

Have you ever felt like you had one foot in the world and one foot with Christ? Maybe going out and partying on the weekend, but showing up for church Sunday? Possibly going to The Porch Tuesday, and then dating someone you know you shouldn’t or having inappropriate relationships? Or maybe it’s even going to church, and then doing whatever it takes to make more money, more success, more popularity including lying, backstabbing, cheating, and joining into inappropriate conversations throughout the week? During this time did you ever get frustrated because it seemed like relationships with friends, dating, co-workers were more difficult? Did life seem confusing, hard, and painful?http://blog.theporchdallas.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpress/img/trans.gif

Todd gave an awesome message last Tuesday and shared with us Matthew 6:19-24. I encourage you to go back and listen as well as reflect on these verses. Scripture clearly tells us “No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money (you can enter anything you constantly think about here).” –Matthew 6:24

I loved when Todd said, “Judgments of sin is just the fruits of sin. God doesn’t bring chaos into your life because you chose to sin…sin is the chaos.”

For a while I would get mad at God when bad things happened in my life. I just didn’t understand why he would allow bad things to happen if he loved me. Now living in the light and having “good eyes” I can clearly see that the pain and hurt in my life came from the sin, not from God. It came from me or someone else disobeying the Lord, and often from me pushing my agenda instead of trusting in the Lords. It came from me and/or others not being fully surrendered to Christ. God is trying to rip us off from happiness, he is trying to set us free and protect us. I agree with Todd saying, “I have never listened to Him & followed Him where I lived to regret it.”

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." –Romans 8:1-2

My other idol in life besides God was relationships. I’d knowingly settle just to have that attention from a guy, but God has restored that area of my life. He has redeemed me. A guy is no longer my desire or treasure, the Lord is and He has my heart.

Quotes from Todd: “If you attract a guy with looks, you’ll lose him the same way.” “Scripture encourages you to find someone who is not just professing the love of Christ, but showing you.” Proverbs 31:30

Undone ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z8Efykeiis&NR=1

Praying for you all~

www.theporchdallas.com

No comments: