Friday, January 15, 2010

WaTCH ouT aMaZoN... HeRe CoMeS aLLy!!

www.e3partners.org/AmazonAlly-Support



I am beyond ecstatic for my first mission trip! Having my first mission trip be in Brazil is beyond my wildest dreams!!! Things that I love: JESUS, PEOPLE, and BOATS! So watch out Amazon, here comes Ally! Below is basic info about my trip. I would greatly appreciate your prayers for me, my team, and for the hearts of the people we will be meeting in the jungle.




WHO: I am part of a team of twenty young adults from Watermark Community Church, partnered with E3 Partners.


WHAT: Mission Trip in the Amazon Jungle to share the Gospel and our faith in Jesus Christ. We will have different teams including: Medical/Dental team, Mens team, Womens team, and Childrens team. Using the different teams we will be able to love on the people we meet, aid them, and use translators to help us share the Good News!


WHERE: Flying into Manaus, Brazil. Then we will take a boat down the Amazon and stop at various villages.


WHEN: May 15th, 2010 through May 23rd, 2010


WHY:


John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.


Mark 16:15 He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation."


Matthew 4:19 "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."


2 Corinthians 5: 14- 21 For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again. So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God. God made him who had no sin to be sinfor us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.


Romans 12 (one of my favs)



I will be updating my blog about our training and preparation for this trip! Excited to share this journey with you all!

No comments: