Tuesday, September 13, 2011

God Unscrambles Eggs.

“God unscrambles eggs….and only God” –Victor Marx

My life has been a scrambled egg for sure. It’s felt like such a mess at times and I’ve wondered when the trials are going to end. For far too long I kept wondering when things would just be smooth, or not feel like a rollercoaster. How long would it be until I felt at peace and true joy?http://blog.theporchdallas.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpress/img/trans.gifWhat I didn’t realize is that part of the problem is that I had never dealt with pain from my past, and I had not turned to the Lord for healing, freedom, and grace. There were things I just didn’t want to face or let people know about.

When Victor said, “you can’t live according to the labels people give you” I could totally relate. I have felt stuck and used to believe that I was identified by my divorce and my past. How could people ever see me differently? How could I ever see myself differently?

The truth for me and you is that our identity is in the Bible. It is in Jesus Christ. Not in our past or what we’ve done. You are a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17). You are a child of God…forgiven…free…and in the process of being sanctified.

What just seems too painful to face, and leaves you feeling like you’d rather just not deal with it?

What are you keeping from others because you are afraid of what they would say? Or just afraid to admit?

I had no idea how much of my life was affected by not dealing with things of my past, not healing, not forgiving, and not just bringing everything into the light. In the light…that is where grace is found, that is where healing begins. You see, God never intended your heart to be hard. He never intended us to hide things from each other, and Lord knows we can’t hide it from him. Trust Him. Give him that pain, hurt, or whatever it is that you have in the darkness.

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.” - 1 Peter 2:9-10

“It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.”- Galatians 5:1

The Healing has Begun – Matthew West : Healing has Begun (Video)

“You have carried the weight of your secret for way too long

Thinking if there is a place called forgiveness you don’t belong

Oh, but freedom can never be found behind those walls

So just let ‘em fall, just let ‘em fall… Whoa oh, the healing has begun (2)

How long has it been since you’ve felt anything but shame?

Child, lift up your eyes ‘cause mercy remembers your name

And those tears you’ve been holding back, let ‘em fall ike rain

Cause today is the day, yeah, today is the day

Whoa oh, the healing has begun (4)

Hallelujah, hallelujah, yeah, whoa

Just life your eyes, lay it down

What once was lost has now been found, whoa oh

There’s a world full of people dying from broken hearts

Holding on to their guilt thinking they fell too far

So don’t be afraid to show ‘em your beautiful scars

Cause they’re the proof, yeah, you’re the proof

Whoa oh, the healing has begun (6)”

Praying for you all and thanking God for bringing me out of the darkness and into his marvelous light…

www.theporchdallas.com

No comments: