Tuesday, August 24, 2010

An Ambassador to Opposite Living.

"EVERY DECISION I'VE MADE IN MY LIFE HAS BEEN ENTIRELY WRONG...I WILL DO THE OPPOSITE!" -George Costanza from Seinfield

As I've stopped living the way I used to, the way the world has said to live, I've been able to see God's love and faithfulness so clearly.

When we surrender our lives to Christ we are a new creation!

2 Corinthians 5:17 tell us Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! Romans 12:2 puts it plain and simple: Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

My life this year has been just that. I’ve literally pulled up to bars/clubs, only to apologize to the valet that I've changed my mind, drive off, and head back home because my desire has completely changed from before. I now know there is no life found there. Only temptation, brokenness, and regret. Instead of entering into or staying in relationships that I know are not right because of co-dependency and loneliness or even the fear of forever being single… I've been able to walk away and trust not in my deceitful heart or selfish desires, but completely trust in the Lord and his perfect plan for my life.

http://blog.theporchdallas.com/wp-includes/js/tinymce/plugins/wordpress/img/trans.gif
I’ve been able to be transparent, admit mistakes, ask for forgiveness, forgive others, and handle situations completely different than before. Moments when dealing with situations about relationships, friendships, and job decisions I’ve literally in my head reminded myself “BE TRANSFORMED…Do not handle things they way you’ve always done or make decisions selfishly. Do things in a way that is most glorifying to the Lord.”

I sit in awe of the lessons I am learning through these situations and complete amazement at the work he has done in me and in my life. I have had no regrets when handling things in a way honoring to the Lord, only excitement at knowing that when we come near to God, he comes near to us (James 4:8). HE IS FAITHFUL. He has changed my desires, changed my heart, and I am forever changed by the Gospel. I pray that my life be a reflection of this and ask for forgiveness when it’s not.

So I ask you the same question Patrick asked Tuesday, “In what ways are you living opposite of the world?”

How do you handle your money, time, relationships, authority, and decisions? Where do you put your hope? What does your life look like in terms of humility? Service?

How does your life reflect what you say you believe?

Titus 2:11-13 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ

Praying for you all~

www.theporchdallas.com

No comments: